PRECIOUS PAGES by PAULA

Friday, July 17, 2015

MORE FROM THE BEACH CIRCA 1996

I have been (and will be) sharing more over the next few weeks some layouts that I have created using photos from a trip to the NJ Shore back in 1996.

For today's layout I used a sketch for Make It Monday challenge #43 from The Memory Nest.

Here's the sketch -



For my layout I rotated it 1/4 turn clockwise.

Here's my layout - 


and a few fun close-ups-


I have a really hard time with 'white space'.  This started out as a solid pale blue piece of cardstock. I had this new rolling stamp so I inked it up and ran it diagonally all over the page.  That still didn't quite cut it for me so I got out a red Pitt pen to match the embossed red cardstock mat under the photos.  I added my favorite swirls all over.


The ivory mat on top of the patterned beach paper is a piece of paper made from banana skins!

I hope you have enjoyed my layout...oh BTW the top photo was my husband and the bottom one is my half sister who is 20 years my senior.

Thanks so much for stopping by.  I hope that you will leave a comment letting me know you were here and what you thought!  Have a great day!






3 comments:

  1. Always enjoy seeing older photos being given new life on a scrapbook page. Thanks for sharing at The Memory Nest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors on your layout! Thanks for playing along with us at The Memory Nest Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your take on the sketch with this fun beach page!! Thanks for playing along with tMN!!

    ReplyDelete