PRECIOUS PAGES by PAULA

Friday, January 9, 2015

TRYING TO KEEP WARM!

Here in Delaware this week we have been having some really cold weather!  And of course that is when my car's thermostat decides to die.  It was so cold I ended up in the ER with frostbite on my fingers.  While I was there my finger actually started warming up but I developed a migraine sitting for over 4 hours in the waiting room.  That migraine lasted until today so I am a few days behind in posting so I have a lot to share with you tonite.

My first creation is a card.  I used Feeling Sketchy challenge #112 sketch -

 
 
and here is mine -
 
 
 
Next I have a layout for Sketches4all January DT challenge.  It was using this sketch:
 
 
along with this Wordart-
 
 
 
and here is my submission -
 
 
My inspiration from the Wordart was the colors and the word Friendship.  The photos were from a wonderful crop I went to run by Robin's Scrap Nest.  It was held in an actual barn called  Rivercrest Farm in Dover, OH.  I had an awesome time and made some wonderful new friends (some of whom you see above!)  (I am also submitting this layout and the card above to Soul Scrappers in the hopes of becoming a member of their DT!  Both were done using all scraps other than the 12x12 patterned paper background and card base.)
 
My next layout is for the LIFT21 challenge on Soul Scrappers.  Here is the layout we were to lift from:
 
 
Here is my layout:
 
 
I wish that the phone would capture better quality photos.  These were from my drive home from the crop mentioned above.  I had gone around that Tappan Dam the night I arrived in the pitch dark.  It is really big and there was not much between the road and the water.  In the dark it was quite scary.  In the daylight it was beautiful and I took several photos on my way around.  The center bottom is a photo of the only Hobby Lobby I have ever been in.  What an amazing store!  I had heard all about them but there have never been any close enough to anywhere I have lived to get into one so when I spotted this on the road above the highway I was on I was determined to get up there and have a look see...which added a few hours to my trip...  The final photo is a speed limit 70 sign.  I loved that as I tend to have a led foot and most of the roads in my area are only speed limit 55 with an occasional 65.  The embellishments were the perfect colors.  They are these great ribbon things that I won on a challenge at Pinque Peacock.
 

Here is a quick card I put together last night.  It apparently had been a card I made a while ago but the chipboard had loosened and was in the bottom of the envelop so I revamped the whole thing adding another layer and re-arranging everything and adding the sentiment 'Peace'.
 
 
I am submitting this to Word Art Wednesday for the Anything Goes challenge #165.
 
I also started a journal page which is for a new site I found called Art to the 5th Academy!  More coming tomorrow!
 
 

 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 



4 comments:

  1. Lovely cards and layouts. Thank you for joining the challenge at Feeling Sketchy. Hope to see you next time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card. Thank you for joining Feeling sketchy. ~ Michelle DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! You have been busy. Lovely layouts and cards. Great take on the sketch. Thanks for playing along with us at Feeling Sketchy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute card ! Love the tartan design of the back ! Thank you for playing with us at Feeling Sketchy !

    ReplyDelete