PRECIOUS PAGES by PAULA

Friday, December 5, 2014

MY MIXED MEDIA EXTRAVAGANZA!

I played with a lot of my mixed media supplies last night on an art journal page for challenge SSQ25 Under The Sea over at Soul Scrappers.  How that challenge works is they choose a theme and send you an envelope containing all sorts of odd goodies and you need to use them on a paper project.
 
The theme this month was Under The Sea.  As I go through my post you will get to see all the goodies...
 
I started with a blank art journal page that had been coated with a base coat of gesso.  I added 2 colors of acrylic paint by just squirting down blots in various spots on the page and then running over it with a brayer. (2 shades of blue)
 
Paula McLane Jennings's photo.
 
I added an additional 2 colors of acrylic paint using the same method. (pink and purple)
 
Paula McLane Jennings's photo.
 
and another two...(red and yellow - these were mixed to get an orange color which I put on with a sponge brush over the center.)
 
Paula McLane Jennings's photo.
 
Next I got out my Perfect Pearls and went to work...
 
Paula McLane Jennings's photo.
 
It's hard to tell but there is shimmer everywhere...
 
Now you will get to see all the little goodies I received...
 
Paula McLane Jennings's photo.
 
There were two little clouds which I inked the edges...as well as a piece of bubble wrap which I coated with white gesso and stamped across the whole top of the page.
 
Paula McLane Jennings's photo.
 
Paula McLane Jennings's photo.
 
There were two pieces of colored twine...(I added the little fish!)
 
Paula McLane Jennings's photo.
 
A copy of a lighthouse.
 
Paula McLane Jennings's photo.
 
A photo of seagulls.
 
Paula McLane Jennings's photo.
 
A piece of blue plastic netting.
 
Paula McLane Jennings's photo.
 
A quote, a piece of sandpaper, and a few shells.
 
Paula McLane Jennings's photo.
A 3D sea animal sticker.
 
I also added a lot of elements from my stash...some cut up vellum and lots of summer words from some patterned paper.
 
And now...what you have been waiting for...here it is all together!
 
 
 I hope you have enjoyed my journey Under The Sea!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 



3 comments:

  1. Love the way you did the background, great colours! How did you add the perfect pearls?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your compliment. I just used the brush that came with them!

      Delete