PRECIOUS PAGES by PAULA

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

ALL THAT GLITTERS

Finally time to work on Christmas cards...I had a new embossing folder that I forgot all about and when I spotted it I just had to use it.  I had planned to emboss it in gold like I had embossed the edges of my card and layers but the embossing ink just wasn't working on the dry embossed angel.  I remembered this gold glitter I had and ended up being so happy with that.  After running the paper through the embossing folder I used the gold glitter and then I cut the image out and mounted it on some Christmas paper that was layered over another beige/gold colored cardstock (which is what I used for the angel too!)  I had the word 'peace' in gold rhinestones that I thought would be perfect for the sentiment and it just fit!

Here is the result -

 
It was so hard to get a good photo of it using the phone, and the photo really doesn't do it justice.
 
I am entering this card in Sketches4All Anniversary challenge PARTY4, Soul Scrappers CC35 Christmas sparkles, and Word Art Wednesday challenge #161 Anything Goes.
 
Hopefully tonite I will get to more creating.  I am also working on some non-papercrafting projects - in particular loom knitted infinity scarves.  Maybe I'll toss in a sneak peek of some of those one of these days too!
 
 Hope your holiday preparations are going well.  Thanks for stopping by.  All comments gratefully appreciated.
 


1 comment: